Here are the answers to the Christmas Quiz!
1. The first string of Christmas lights were hung up by wealthy Easterners in what year?
2. “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” premiered on December 21 of what year?
3. Charles Dickens’ book A Christmas Carol was published on December 19 of what year?
4. What ballet was first performed on December, 1892?
5. Who sang the song Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer which was released on Dec 2, 1949?
6. What game was invented by Edwin S. Lowe on December 1, 1929?
7. What European country celebrates Lucia Day?
8. What country celebrates Boxing Day?
9. What plant is recognized on December 12?
10. What year was the poem “T’was the Night Before Christmas” published?
11. Who wrote the song “White Christmas”?
12. What was the name of the movie in which “White Christmas” was first sung?
13. In the movie the “Christmas Story” where did the family eat their Christmas Dinner?
14. What was the real name of the author who wrote The Gift of the Magi?
William Sydney Porter
15. What state became the 28th state on December 29, 1845?
16. In “The Miracle of 34th Street” who played the Santa Claus?
17. What year was the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” released?
18. Which of the following actors did not appear in the 1954 version of “White Christmas’?
19. What Country exchanges gifts on December 6 St Nicholas’ Day?
20. What Country’s yuletide season starts on St. Thomas’ Day December 21?
21. The first specially designed Christmas card is believed to have been printed by a London Company and placed on sale in the year?
22. What newspaper did the original “Dear Virginia” letter appear in?
The NY Sun