* Decorate with wrapped presents, glass ornaments, curling ribbon, confetti and other simple items in holiday colors for a quick party boost.
* Wrap presents early and use them to decorate around the house. Small packages stacked make great centerpieces.
* When you pack up your holiday decorations, label boxes specifically by items and room. It will be easier to decorate in the following year.
* Buy extra holiday lights – take it as a given that some won’t work.
* Always test your lights before you put them on the tree.
* Decorate your house with Poinsettias – they are inexpensive and can be given as gifts after a holiday party.
* Balloons – use holiday specific balloons to jazz up your house, inexpensive and easy! Kids love them.
* Don’t over think your decorations – a simple crystal bowl with floating candles or filled with pinecones is elegant.
* Set your table with your fine linens and china well before your party – it will make your house look elegant and you will have this task out of the way.
* Use the trimmings from your tree – this will dress up any area of your house and make it look festive for the holidays – and it smells great!
* Use lots of candles for a warm feel in your house – scented candles or potpourri will add wonderful aromas.
* Put an ornament at each place setting – this will work as both a cute table decoration and as your favor. Or fill a bowl with a variety of ornaments as your centerpiece and ask each guest to take one home.